The Purpose and Missions
What is the purpose of this relief sale?
Our purpose is a cooperative effort of many churches and individuals to procure funds for qualifying missions — enabling them to share God’s love in Haiti.
Our vision is to see Haitians use even limited resources in sustainable agriculture and other self-help programs; providing water wells and clinics. Assisting in education, distributing Christian literature, coordinating teaching ministries and providing disaster relief. Our ultimate goal is for them to know the Lord Jesus Christ. All this as we “consider the cause of the poor and needy”.
100% of sale proceeds go to Haiti Missions
Other states also support the Haiti Missions:
All proceeds from the sale will benefit the following missions in Haiti:
- Blue Ridge International
- Haiti Relief & Missions
- International Fellowship Haven
- Mennonite Gospel Missions
- SonLight Missions
- Christian Witness Missions
- Christian Aid Ministries
- International Faith Missions
- LIFE Literature
- Gospel to Haiti
- Open Hands
- Haiti Christian Union Mission
- Light on the Mountain
- Share Haiti
- Palm Grove Missions
- New Horizons
- Redeemed Ministries
- Shephard’s Heart
Pennsylvania Haiti Benefit Auction – July 19 & 20, 2024
338 N. Ronks Road, Bird-In-Hand, PA 17505 View map
- Haiti is about the size of the state of Maryland.
- Approx. 11.7 million people live on the island.
- Haiti is located 750 miles southeast of Florida.
- Religion: 55% Catholic, 29% Protestant, 2.1% Haitian Vodue, 4.6% Other & 10% None.
- Haiti has 25 doctors per 100,000 people.
- Under-five mortality rate is 5.9%.
- The average life span is 64 years.
- Literacy: 77% over the age of 15.
- The top 20% of households hold 64% of the total wealth in the county.
- Average Income: 87.6% live on $6.85 per day (or less), 58.7% live on $3.65 per day (or less), 30.32% live on $2.15 per day (or less). Each percentage indicates a total percent of Haiti’s population related to dollar amount.
- There are approx. 1,000 people per sq. mile in Haiti. United States has approx. 93 people per sq. mile.
- One well with a hand pump often furnishes 500 people with water.
- Climate: Tropical. More than 95% of population is exposed to natural hazards such as hurricanes, earthquakes and floods.
Information Courtesy of Christian Aid Ministries