The Purpose and Missions
What is the purpose of this relief sale?
Our purpose is a cooperative effort of many churches and individuals to procure funds for qualifying missions — enabling them to share God’s love in Haiti.
Our vision is to see Haitians use even limited resources in sustainable agriculture and other self-help programs; providing water wells and clinics. Assisting in education, distributing Christian literature, coordinating teaching ministries and providing disaster relief. Our ultimate goal is for them to know the Lord Jesus Christ. All this as we “consider the cause of the poor and needy”.
100% of sale proceeds go to Haiti Missions
Other states also support the Haiti Missions:
All proceeds from the sale will benefit the following missions in Haiti:
- Blue Ridge International
- Haiti Relief & Missions
- International Fellowship Haven
- Mennonite Gospel Missions
- SonLight Missions
- Christian Witness Missions
- Christian Aid Ministries
- International Faith Missions
- LIFE Literature
- Gospel to Haiti
- Open Hands
- Haiti Christian Union Mission
- Light on the Mountain
- Share Haiti
- Palm Grove Missions
- New Horizons
- Redeemed Ministries
- Shephard’s Heart
Pennsylvania Haiti Benefit Auction – July 17 & 18, 2020
2735 Old Philadelphia Pike (corner of Rte. 340 & N. Ronks Rd.), Bird-In-Hand, PA 17505 View map
- Haiti is about the size of the state of Maryland.
- Approx. 11 million people live on the island.
- Haiti is located 750 miles southeast of Florida.
- Religion: Syncretic, 55% Catholic, 30% Protestant. Haitian Vodue is unofficial but also widely practiced.
- Haiti has 7 doctors per 100,000 people.
- 7.3% die before they reach 5 years old.
- The average life span is 63.5 years.
- Literacy: 60% over the age of 15.
- The top 4% of Haitians have 66% of the wealth.
- Average Income: 59% with $2.41 per day. 24% with $1.23 per day.
- There are approx. 900 people per sq. mile. U.S. has 70 people per sq. mile.
- One well with a hand pump often furnishes 500 people with water.
- Climate: Tropical. 90% of population is extremely vulnerable to natural hazards such as earthquakes and hurricanes.